For the weekly photo challenge (Up) I have included a photo from my visit to NYC 2 years ago, looking up at the buildings in the sky, you cant help but look up in many cases.
I thought i would post something different on my blog for a change, so here are 5 songs im enjoying listening to at the moment.
1. Stereophonics- Indian Summer. Absolutely love this song, this band are amazing and Kelly Jones is one of the best singer/songwriters in this modern era. 8th Album out monday, my pre ordered copy shall soon be on its way. Hopefully will see them live later this year.
2. Bastille- Flaws. This band supported Two Door Cinema Club the other week at a Gig in Leeds, this is one of my favourites from the set
3. Two Door Cinema Club- Sleep Alone. Band from Northern Ireland, saw them in Leeds other week, they opened up with this tune, good band would love to see them again.
4. The Script feat. Will am i- Hall of Fame. This is my first song played when i go to the gym or for a run as it gives me motivation, see the script on 15th March. Amazing live. On the bands 3rd Album titled #3
5. The Script. Six Degrees of Seperation. Again the script another single from their 3rd album.
On Monday (25th February) I attended the CRUK Supporters conference at Elland Road in Leeds as a volunteer photographer.
I was invited to this event because I had volunteered for CRUK last summer at the Race for Life event at Temple Newsam. I asked in order to build my portfolio if I could volunteer as a photographer and they were pleased to let me do so, I learned a lot on the day and got some good photos and spoke to some really inspiring people.
More photos will become available on my website later on.
I would like to wish my followers and subscribers of my Blog a happy new year and all the best for 2013.
2012 has been a up and down year on occasions, i graduated university in July, I became part of a new photography group in my home city from a competition that was run by Leeds City Council where 2 of my photos were shortlisted, I started working with Leeds rugby as a family stand photographer from which I enjoyed throughout and my photos were included in the Leeds Rhinos match programmes. I also ran the sport relief 6 mile run in leeds in 1hr and 3mins raising £90 and also volunteered at the Cancer Research race for life, something i will continue to do in 2013.
Below are my favourite photos from 2012
I would just like to say a Merry Christmas to all of my readers and followers and hope you all enjoy the season.
Going to be doing a 365 project in 2013 and i have written a list for subjects each week to be shooting so cant wait to get started, at last i will be doing one.
Here is a image from the German christmas market that comes to Leeds every year, i shall post some more in a later post
The answer to the question in my title is probably not, i don’t believe that doomsday is upon us on Friday 21st December 2012. I write this as part of the Writing Challenge
My question to my readers is: What would be your last meal should we be prepared for Doomsday? I would go to Nandos.
On Wednesday 12th december i recieved an email from the editor at Digital SLR magazine after a week or so ago sent a image to them asking for feedback hoping to make the next issue of the magazine, they would like to include my image in the next issue(out 7th jan 2013), so pleased i thought i would share this news with my readers of my blog and of course the image.
I took it during the Looking at Leeds facebook group meet up on 11th November, i thought the lighting was just perfect and the reflections are amazing. I cant wait to see my photo in print.
for this challenge I have the perfect photo
I am also including something different in the world of typography, as i feel this is the perfect subject to include this.