I would like to wish my readers a Happy Yorkshire Day. Those who visit my website http://robertdickinsonphotographyanddesign.zenfolio.com/ will recieve 5% on all orders over £10 using the code: YORKSDAY2013. This offer is only valid until midnight 2nd august.
I decided to focus myself on a little project today and the subject being Street Photography, one of my favourite subjects to photograph, especially when there is so much potential.
Using only my 50mm Lens I took myself to Leeds City centre to grab some photos and got some good results of the performing buskers and street scenes, the weather was nice, even had a conversation with one of the buskers.
Here are just a couple of photos i have quickly edited using camera raw as i always shoot RAW.
I finally have a brand new website just gone live http://robertdickinsonphotographyanddesign.zenfolio.com/
Been quite busy of late working on new stuff and editing loads of photos
For this weeks challenge is a great subject purely as photographers like to try creative depth of field and bokeh as it is known.
One of my favourite photos using this creative point is from my visit to the German christmas market in Leeds back in December( I understand that was 6 months ago), but i do love these photos, especially as I was using my 50mm Lens for the first time.
For the weekly photo challenge (Up) I have included a photo from my visit to NYC 2 years ago, looking up at the buildings in the sky, you cant help but look up in many cases.
I thought i would post something different on my blog for a change, so here are 5 songs im enjoying listening to at the moment.
1. Stereophonics- Indian Summer. Absolutely love this song, this band are amazing and Kelly Jones is one of the best singer/songwriters in this modern era. 8th Album out monday, my pre ordered copy shall soon be on its way. Hopefully will see them live later this year.
2. Bastille- Flaws. This band supported Two Door Cinema Club the other week at a Gig in Leeds, this is one of my favourites from the set
3. Two Door Cinema Club- Sleep Alone. Band from Northern Ireland, saw them in Leeds other week, they opened up with this tune, good band would love to see them again.
4. The Script feat. Will am i- Hall of Fame. This is my first song played when i go to the gym or for a run as it gives me motivation, see the script on 15th March. Amazing live. On the bands 3rd Album titled #3
5. The Script. Six Degrees of Seperation. Again the script another single from their 3rd album.
On Monday (25th February) I attended the CRUK Supporters conference at Elland Road in Leeds as a volunteer photographer.
I was invited to this event because I had volunteered for CRUK last summer at the Race for Life event at Temple Newsam. I asked in order to build my portfolio if I could volunteer as a photographer and they were pleased to let me do so, I learned a lot on the day and got some good photos and spoke to some really inspiring people.
More photos will become available on my website later on.